Best Dry Glove Ring System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update: I've had my Kubi dry gloves for over a year now. I first had the rings mounted on my Bare XCS2 suit. A couple of months ago, I moved them over to my new-to-me Waterproof D9X.

During all that time, my hands have never gotten wet. That's over a year, but probably only, say 30-ish dives with the dry gloves on.

... until last weekend. Wet hand! I probably wouldn't have such an appreciation for how good they've been except that I've done a lot of training in the last year and a half and my tech instructor has a Waterproof D1 suit with the seals and Si Tech rings (the Antares?) that came on it and he ends up b*itching after almost every dive because his hands were wet and frozen again.

I got my setup from Dive Right In Scuba with 2 pairs of what they call "Super Grip Black Dry Glove".

Super Grip Black Dry Glove - Dive Right in Scuba

I really like these gloves because they have been very durable and yet still fit my hand, well, like a glove, leaving me with great dexterity, but... I finally got a pinhole in one of the gloves!

I just spent about 5 minutes swapping it out for the spare I had on hand (huh huh).

I love this Kubi setup!

Was not a big fan of my old sitech Antares but i recently got the Waterproof Ultima for my D7 and its working great!

I just love the zip seals on my DUI dry suit. No screwing around. Just have to adjust how I don/doff it. Definitely worth it

Are you able to get completely geared up, ready to get in the water, then put your gloves on as the last thing before you get in? I didn't think you could do that with those Zip gloves? And if not, that is why I would not even consider having them. Sometimes, I need to do last minute things that I just can't do with gloves on.

Are you able to get completely geared up, ready to get in the water, then put your gloves on as the last thing before you get in? I didn't think you could do that with those Zip gloves? And if not, that is why I would not even consider having them. Sometimes, I need to do last minute things that I just can't do with gloves on.
Not sure what to tell you. I have no issues and neither do many other divers I come across. While we have to prepare in advance what we do, we enjoy having nice, dry hands. I can't imagine what would prevent anyone from doing that.

Hi !

I tried the French system TED'S (see facebook and youtube links below), it's a very efficient system because we can put anything of type of dry suit and gloves
Also it is possible to put amd remove the ring system alone, what is very useful!

Also I believe that this product has lifetime guarantee

TED'S

Does someone know this system?

Julian,

I had a quick look at the FB page and videos though my French is marginal to poor. From what I've seen they look similar to the KUBI system, but made of plastic. Hard to tell without trying them out.

On another note, I'm approaching 2 years with my KUBI set and still loving them, still never had a wet hand with them.
Only one small hiccup: Mine aren't fitted and I was getting out of my drysuit and tore the wrist seal off. I can't say for sure the rings had anything to do with this as the seals were old and in need of replacement soon anyway, but I don't think being stretched over the rings helped anything. New seals on the suit, a reminder of what a pain in the rear end getting the rings on is, and I'm back in business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom