JetFin/Turtle size help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrk

Reaction score
Hello,
I am in a size men's 9 DUI Rockboot. I have a pair of SP Jetfins sz. XL that just won't fit these boots. I don't have much to try on in my area, so was hoping for some input. I was hoping I could find someone that uses the same size Rockboot and either a Jetfin or powerfin/turtle that worked for them. I've been told that the XXL Jetfin will probably be to big...but I was previously in an XL Atomic Spit that fit like a glove, so I was hoping the XXL Jets would fit. If I was to compare side by side my XL Jetfins with an equivalent size in the powerfins/turtles, would there be that much of a difference?

Appreciate any help,
Randy

jrk:
Hello,
I am in a size men's 9 DUI Rockboot. I have a pair of SP Jetfins sz. XL that just won't fit these boots. I don't have much to try on in my area, so was hoping for some input. I was hoping I could find someone that uses the same size Rockboot and either a Jetfin or powerfin/turtle that worked for them. I've been told that the XXL Jetfin will probably be to big...but I was previously in an XL Atomic Spit that fit like a glove, so I was hoping the XXL Jets would fit. If I was to compare side by side my XL Jetfins with an equivalent size in the powerfins/turtles, would there be that much of a difference?

Appreciate any help,
Randy

The XXL Jetfin is going to be way too big for your size 9 Rockboot. I have size 11 Rockboots and use the XXL's, which fit quite nicely with the 8" spring straps that I put on. Before I got the jetfins, I dove with with SP Twin Jets, size XL. My Rockboots were really snug, but fit in them.

You might need to go with Turtles.

Mel

jrk:
Hello,

Appreciate any help,
Randy

Having tiny feet sux. Thanks, dad.

Did the same thing. I was wearing XL Atomic fins, wanted to move to blades, etc. This was before XXXXXXXL Jets came around.

I got the Turtles. To say they fit perfect would be misleading. To say they are too big would also be untrue. In my opinion, after diving them for the last 2+ years, I'd say they're simply easy to don and doff.

I'd prefer them to be tighter, but they don't slop around. If we were wearing a 10+ they'd be perfect. A 9 is at the very limit of how small you can comfortably dive Turtles with Rock boots.

They'll work for ya.

K

Mo2vation:
Having tiny feet sux. Thanks, dad.

Did the same thing. I was wearing XL Atomic fins, wanted to move to blades, etc. This was before XXXXXXXL Jets came around.

I got the Turtles. To say they fit perfect would be misleading. To say they are too big would also be untrue. In my opinion, after diving them for the last 2+ years, I'd say they're simply easy to don and doff.

I'd prefer them to be tighter, but they don't slop around. If we were wearing a 10+ they'd be perfect. A 9 is at the very limit of how small you can comfortably dive Turtles with Rock boots.

They'll work for ya.

K

Thanks for the repsonses...I'm currious, is there a size of powerfin/turtle that is slightly smaller that the Turtle you speak of here, and larger that the XL Jets?...as this sounds like if they existed, would be a good fit. Please accept my apologies...not sure of the size run of these IDI/XS fins.
Thanks again,
Randy

JRK, I think my feet are about the same size as yours, judging by the size of your rock boots. I use the Turtle Fins (they only come in one size), and they fit perfectly. Also, they're good, solid fins that have never given me any trouble. I replaced the straps with size medium spring straps.

Thanks for that Tel-scuba...I'd rather try some on before I buy, but with posts like yours, it makes it easier to buy even if trying first is not possible.

Randy

I have size 10 Rockboots, My XL Jets are to tough to get on, My Turtles w/springstraps work great! they could be a little snugger.

If it helps here is a side by side comparison I did of the XL Jets, Turtles and XXL Jets with pictures of the footpockets

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scubaboard/fincomparison.html

The turtles are just slightly smaller than the XXL Jets - and I can wear either of them comfortably with size XXXL Ranger boots (which are a full lug soled bootie approx 13-14 shoe size)

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom