It's a wonderful dive life in SE FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of boat coats, boy oh boy am I glad I have mine, I'm working up north at a temp job and of course I don't own a "winter coat", but my "boat coat" is totally doing the trick! Hood, goes down to my knees so good in those chilly winds, water resistant, lined...so glad to have brought it with me.

And I clicked on this post because I am missing SoFla diving...enjoyed living in the Keys over the summer though.

We had two great dives with JDC today. Flat seas...viz around 60-70 ft....water 77-78 degrees....sunny around 80 degrees....wow, wow, wow! A huge Tiger shark passed about 20 feet from us. Just gorgeous! Saw reef sharks, nurse shark, eels, scorpionfish, lionfish, huge stingrays, large schools of fish, etc. It was a beautiful day to be in SE Florida. We're so blessed to live here!

Just pulled into WPB and stopped into the shop for fills. Of course they immediately had to tell me what a beautiful day today use for diving! Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Just pulled into WPB and stopped into the shop for fills. Of course they immediately had to tell me what a beautiful day today use for diving! Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Today looks fine, tomorrow, not too bad. The weekend looks tough though

Hi Craig,

Made it out both days. We were expecting great condidions yesterday but not so. Pretty good chop and viz was 30 feet if I am being generous. No current so I had to swim! We dropped for bugs with little success and just not much seen period.

Today the conditions were actually better though cloudy and cooler. Van sounded uncertain about tomorrow and I rarely see him like that so not looking good for the weekend. I think his back is bothering him.

On the up side I ordered a Surf-fur form DGE for delivery at the rental. Hoping for arrival tomorrow!

Finch and Damien say Hi!
Hi @uncfnp

Did you get out diving yesterday and today?

Hi Craig,

Made it out both days. We were expecting great condidions yesterday but not so. Pretty good chop and viz was 30 feet if I am being generous. No current so I had to swim! We dropped for bugs with little success and just not much seen period.

Today the conditions were actually better though cloudy and cooler. Van sounded uncertain about tomorrow and I rarely see him like that so not looking good for the weekend. I think his back is bothering him.

On the up side I ordered a Surf-fur form DGE for delivery at the rental. Hoping for arrival tomorrow!

Finch and Damien say Hi!

Hi Lisa,

Glad you got out, sorry it was not fabulous. SE FL would be a world class destination, or, at least, the equivalent of the Florida Keys, if it were not for the wind and waves of late fall, winter, and early spring. The lack of predictability is a real liability. Hope you have luck going diving over the weekend. If Narcosis doesn't go out, nobody goes out.

Your dive coat will pay dividends for years to come, mine is from TruWest.

Finch, Damien, Van are the best. I'll be back the week after Christmas.

Very best and good diving, Craig

Made it out again today! Seas really were not too bad. I'd say 5 to 6. Six fellow divers on board so Van was happy. All hunters and it was a very successful trip. Got lobster, lionfish cerviche and a nice hog fillet Finch shared for dinner. Water temp down to 76 average and light south current continued today.

WOW today had to be pretty rough.

A recent local trip...

Made it out again today! Seas really were not too bad. I'd say 5 to 6. Six fellow divers on board so Van was happy. All hunters and it was a very successful trip. Got lobster, lionfish cerviche and a nice hog fillet Finch shared for dinner. Water temp down to 76 average and light south current continued today.

Glad you got out again, sounds like a fine trip. Did you get your boat coat?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom