He/O2 booster or only He?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northernone

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not ready to invest in a quality, o2 clean booster yet and no longer have my tools for the possibility of a oxihacker styled design. Chinese clones scare me.

Is there any sense in going half way and getting a He booster while I save up and cut down on wasted tbottle gas?

I'm after poor man's mix for dill and need a booster (I think) and I could make do with LP o2 for now with a simple whip.

Will I regret simply not making the proper booster setup happen and delay a year or so?

(Since I have a thread going, if someone has a booter they'd part with I'm interested)

Regards,
Cameron

It all depends on whether or not you like spending money twice. O2 is less expensive than He but at some point you will get tired of throwing away all that lower pressure O2 and long for a true O2 booster. If you buy an He booster now (i.e. non O2 booster) then you will have to sell it and buy an O2 booster down the road. There are deals to be had, and there are several less expensive small boosters that would probably fill the bill for you as well as the really expensive ones.

It all depends on whether or not you like spending money twice. O2 is less expensive than He but at some point you will get tired of throwing away all that lower pressure O2 and long for a true O2 booster. If you buy an He booster now (i.e. non O2 booster) then you will have to sell it and buy an O2 booster down the road. There are deals to be had, and there are several less expensive small boosters that would probably fill the bill for you as well as the really expensive ones.

That is silly, if you buy an HE booster now, then you will still need to buy an oxygen booster down the road. No reason to sell the first one. Two boosters make work faster and easier.

14224827_10153926017221342_4690030218256136453_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom