EON Steel firmware update suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well .. after finding this nice forum, I went and placed question on their facebook .. and here is their answer

Sni_mek_obrazovky_2016_08_28_v_8_57_12.png

not much else to say .. .)

@Diving Dubai
it might be fine for a single tank, but the moment you go for sidemount or double (not sure for exact English word - back mount?), you have to switch tanks (as you know), and when I look at my computer, I want to see either the current tank, or both of them (two at once) .. but the idea, to actually manually switching them on computer .. i wouldn't be doing anything else during the dive .. just switching .. as some suggestions here pointed out, it shouldn't be too difficult to monitor the main tanks, and simply switch them based on pressure change (If it can show only one tank at the moment) .. and if it could even remind me with an alarm to do that - that might be nice too. Or would that be too much?
- customize tank pods name
- display the tank pod name when switching

by the way, can anybody actually hear the sound of the alarm? on surface it si fine, but down there, it doesn't outvoice the breathing itself .. but that is not something to be fixed by software upgrade, I am affraid ..

compass history would be nice

look, I am not saying that it is bad computer, no it is great and I do like it (it helped me quite a lot recently) .. but there is a big potential for more .. if it was build for recreational diving, there would be no need to support several transmitters or even more gasses and not just air and nitrox (no need for trimix) .. but this is supposed to be for more, than just going 20m and be done with it .. correct?

@Orxion
Interesting and very valid points. I have 4 Tank Pods, my wife another 3 and so am familiar with your points (although I don't do side mount). I sent a long feedback (I'll post in another message) to Suunto and have had some response. All I know is that they are working on new upgrades. I would assume that more importance would be given to the tank pods and perhaps a side mount screen to satisfy the needs of the more serious diver. The last upgrade had stuff (like Air Time remaining) that seemed to be directed and the recreational diver.

Alarms I can hear them well enough, I've asked that you decide which alarms you want (allowing of course for the Eon to override that setting for critical ones). I don't dive a hood though.

All I know is that an update is in the works, and some of the stuff I mentioned is already begin worked on, some is being considered and some hadn't been thought of. Of course I don't know which items.

I suggest that feedback is sent to Suunto customer support (support@suunto.com). You never know what will happen

better to believe in Santa-Claus than in Suunto upgrade.
better to believe in Santa-Claus than in Suunto upgrade.

Pretty new and exclusive to be forgoten by Suunto? At least I am feeling forgotten and not so VIP or premium. At least you ( Suunto) guys could talk to the community/Customers here.

Maybe next X-Mats

I had a good dialogue with the Suunto team earlier this year, I've no reason to believe that they have stopped upgrades. I suppose their next firmware might have significant changes.

Given Shearwater surprised everyone with the Perdix AI release in November, I would guess that any firmware that was being released might be delayed as Suunto would certainly have to include multiple gas pressures to remain competitive with technology.

Who knows? Currently my Eon does everything I need, yes I have things I would like to see improved or added but currently it's not a deal breaker. People will switch to the Perdix if they want the GF algorithm which apart from the graphical display (class leading on the Suunto IMO) is all that really sets them apart.

Hopefully Suunto will come up with something soon - but I'd rather wait for a major update than have a minor one for no reason.

I'd like a 'nutter mode' for CCR bailout. I'd buy one if I could set if for an aggressive deco schedule for the case I have to do an OC ascent.

At the moment it looks like I'll be buying another Shearwater for that. It would be particularly nice if there were different settings for CCR and bailed out from CCR. Shearwater could do that too if they wanted I guess but do not.

New I'd like a 'nutter mode' for CCR bailout.

You know you can adjust conservatism in water with the shearwater. So once you bail just set it to nutter manually.

I think assuming to go to nutter just because you bail would be poor planning but on the other hand when you need it you probably won't want to fumble with the settings. So?

Back
Top Bottom