Getting my own tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not all older or 3500psi hp100s have skinny necks. I have a ~15 year old PST hp100 that is 3442 and takes a standard valve. My buddies 3500psi tanks have standard valves, they are well over 10 years old, not sure what brand.

Just an odd question that occurred to me tonight while I was driving home.

When you side mount, I'm assuming inflator hoses for wing and dry suit come off the left tank?

Here is what I learned for sidemount-

BC inflator hose and short hose (backup reg) off left tank. Left tank is "your" tank.

Drysuit hose (if needed) and long hose off right tank. Right tank is "their" tank.
Long hose is stowed on right tank (down and up in one u-bend) with enough of it let out to loop around neck.

Everything goes across the front except the regulator hoses which will pass behind the neck.

Convert it to a DIN or just get more DIN regs... :wink:

Should be possible for a pretty reasonable price and it is a one time expense.

DIN is a far better system anyway (tosses handgrenade and runs to hide,,,,:landmine:)

kidding btw folks.

Conversion cost is $100.
The skinny neck style tanks are typically about $75 cheaper, per tank. If you are buying two, there is your difference.
You can always swap the yoke back on if you are going traveling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom