Sony A6300 Lense Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The six inch dome port, product #5516.15 with zoom wheel works with 10-18 F/4, 16-36 F4, 16-50, 16-70, FE 28mm, FE 24-17mm and more. Each lens may require a different gear and some of the longer lenses require an extension. The port is $350.00 and the gears run around $24-$30.00. Almost every fixed lens and macro lens requires a different port. While I agree that U/W photography is not cheap, try finding many ports from other manufactures that are as inexpensive.

My preference for the 10mm end of that zoom would be the eight inch rather than the six inch port, but you should get decent results.

RockyHeap,

One thing to note the Aquatica housing for the 6300 also supports ikelite strobes as they've done a deal with Ikelite to ship their controller boards. It's more expensive but has the option of a vacum check system and a spare built in battery.

In addition it seems you can use their flat macro port with the 16-50mm and perhaps use a flip in place (diopter), I'm still validating this.

I've been a long-time ikelite user, but the vacum check an extra power are super interesting.

The other option I noticed on the Aquatica housing is that it has an option of an external battery pack. It seems several folks comment on the battery life of the A6x00 series so that might be a nice thing.

I'm planning on getting a nauticam for my a6300 but i am stuck between choices for ports for my lenses. i either want to use the 16-50 or my 16-70. any advice on which i should use?

thanks

just came back from the first test with my Sony a6300 in the Nauticam housing. Everything worked out quite well - still alot to learn :wink:

Found out that it is possible to get the USB cable in the camera while it is still in the housing (for loading and transfering files). Thats quite handy because otherwise you have to disassemble the system completely.

R86srQ

maldives 2017 by Oliver Leyba, auf Flickr

Very nice images! Care to share what lens you used for these?

Very nice images! Care to share what lens you used for these?
I agree, they are very nice pictures. If you click on the image, it will take you to the flickr site and it says the camera & lens below the image on the right.

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 3.52.28 PM.png

Sony SEL1018F4 with Nauticam 180mm glass dome port.

Video seems to work pretty good as well.

Back
Top Bottom