Diving in Timmins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'll be visiting Timmins for a week in October and would like to go diving if possible :eyebrow:
Does anyone have any information about diving in and around Timmins?
It's a "little" far off where most diving is happening but I was maybe hoping to find a freak there too....... :wink:

aquaoren:
I'll be visiting Timmins for a week in October and would like to go diving if possible :eyebrow:
It's a "little" far off where most diving is happening but I was maybe hoping to find a freak there too....... :wink:

My buddy and I went diving in the Mattagami River in Timmins - I don't recommend it. Visibility was near 0 and the water was a dark red colour, definitely spooky. There's a lake in South Porcupine just down the road from Timmins, could be worth checking out.

Mark

From what I recall of the rivers and creeks up there seen while moose hunting, they are 'stained' and I don't expect vis would be more than few feet in best of conditions. Don't write it off, just do not expecting much would be my advice.

Dave

Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming.
Hey maybe I'll just feel the buttom up and find couple of nuggets :D

I know where to dive ,but my bcd,balance and legendary regulator package , is on order , should ,be in in a week , I don't have tanks and theres no refill here I can find , im ordering a compresser in spring , im 56 but fit , if you can bring tanks filled ,id love to dive again , I got certified in 96 , call me mark dowe 7052352345

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom