Best time to go to Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
When is best time of year to go? We want to celebrate our 30th anniversary there and were wondering when to go? Because of work we can't commit early enough to do a livaboard (many are already full), so it will probably be Wakatobi.

It's hard to say. I've been there in December when it's supposed to be prime season and it was rainy and windy the whole time and very little marine life. I've been there in June when many resorts are closed for maintenance and it's considered "low season", and it rained an hour a day and was otherwise gorgeous every day and the waters were teeming with life - so go figure! This past time I went in September and it was very good but some days were very rainy. I'll be out there again in May most likely.

I was there Nov 2015 and the viz was AWESOME and the dives were all EPIC.

I was there Nov 2016 and Dec 2016 and the viz was ... meh. Dives were very good!

Going back in Feb and they said viz should be great then. So we'll see.

- Bill

Hi @wildbill9 , from September to March is the best time to travel to Raja Ampat. Of course you can find some showers and rain, but mostly you should find a great weather. Check this information to know how is the weather Raja Ampat: All about it - Resort Raja Ampat Biodiversity Resort
The water tempreature is above 25C during the whole year.
Hope you celebrate the anniversary and have fun
Javier

Back
Top Bottom