CooToo Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't smoke and mine registered 2-3ppm.

Thanks for the answers on my question about the LP too...

.......The measurement of exhaled carbon monoxide in healthy smokers and non-smokers".....

On our support forum HERE we have a link to a paper on the the subject.

Here a copy of our FAQ on the subject:

***********************************************************​

Q: I just got my cootwo and it seems to be working fine, but the CO indicator is always 0. How can I check if it is actually working?

A: The simplest way to check if the Carbon Monoxide sensor of your cootwo analyzer is working is to perform a bump test using your breath.
According to a paper from Ryter and Choi, the exhaled CO value of non-smokers could be about 3 ppm while the mean value of exhaled CO for smokers was 17 ppm.

Before you perform a breath check, you might want to enable the display of the decimal digit (to display "0.0" instead of just "0"). To do so, connect to your cootwo, go to the settings and enable "Display Decimal".

Now, take a long long breath .... hold it as long as you can .... and then slowly exhale it into your cootwo.
If you are a non smoker you might see values up to 3 ppm. If you are a smoker the CO value could be much higher.

The other thing you will notice is that the O2% value will change too (decrease).

More you hold your breath before exhaling and more the CO and O2% values will change (CO will increase and O2% will decrease).

See below the result of a bump test as displayed by the My Nitroxbuddy app (in Monitor mode)

divenav_cootwo_bump_test_320.jpg

Well, with decimal points enabled, the CO did increase from 0.6 ambient to 1.3 exhaled, so I stand corrected, I do exhale carbon monoxide (at least a little)! Got the O2 down to 12.2 too. But I held my breath for a while... :)

Hey DiveNav, is 1.5 LPM a sufficient flow rate for CO sensor calibration?
We recommend a flow of 2 to 4 LPM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom