Huntington Beach Diver Looking for Local Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaWithTurk

Bubble Blowing Buddha
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi All,

As some may know from my OW Class thread I am one step away from having my OWC. Once that is complete I will be looking to dive as often as I can.

I currently live in Huntington Beach and do not own a vehicle. I cycle everywhere and with me looking to leave the country in the next 12 months I do not see a reason to buy a vehicle. However having said that I want to dive and finding a ride to and from dive sites at zero dark thirty can be next to impossible.

So what better place than here to see if I can find a local buddy that would want to dive with a flailing newbie.

At the time I still need to buy reg and wetsuit but I can always rent those. Just hoping to meet some new people and improve my diving by diving as much as I can with seasoned divers.

Quick edit: I now own my own reg!!! One step closer to have all my own gear.

I live around an hour from you, but I would be happy to dive with you once a month. PM me and I will give you my contact info. -Ryan

look up south coast divers on internet they dive every Sat weather/conditions permitting. noobs through instructors show up. good group to get some dives in with. should have also mentioned West Coast Dive Club on FB very active group all week long.

Last edited:
I live around an hour from you, but I would be happy to dive with you once a month. PM me and I will give you my contact info. -Ryan

Thank you Rob. I sent you a message!

look up south coast divers on internet they dive every Sat weather/conditions permitting. nods through instructors show up. good group to get some dives in with.

I will do that! Thank you so much for the response. I am determined to become good at this so I want to dive often and with those that have the experience to help guide me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom