Excellent instruction from Kieren Technical

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

packrat12

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My daughter and her boyfriend received their TDI Cavern Diver certification from Lauren and Jon Kieren this week. Our daughter specifically requested that Lauren teach her. Lauren really knows her stuff! They became “Team Couples Therapy” during the course. We stayed with Cave Excursions in Live Oak. We wanted to thank Lauren and Jon for an excellent course, Peter Friedman and Thomas Sergent for hosting us and for transferring her boyfriend to Lauren and Jon when Peter, understandably, became too busy. It is her favorite course so far. She feels it was challenging and yet fun and that she feels accomplished. We have been fortunate to have a number of great instructors including her primary instructor Tony Falanga and her SCR instructor Peter Friedman through Stuart Scuba. Now we have added another pair of great instructors – Lauren and Jon Kieren!!

Lauren and Jon took a lot of time to make sure the course was both educational and fun. As a pair of instructors, they work very well together and obviously share a passion for diving. As a part of their course, they made sure to cook a hot lunch every day. Jon is an excellent cook as well as an excellent diver! The lunches were great. Throughout the course, our daughter never felt rushed or over stressed. I feel that Lauren and Jon went well above the minimums in teaching our daughter Cavern Diver.

Her boyfriend liked it so much he is seriously looking to pursue cavern/cave diving further. Our daughter feels that she has learned the most from this course. In watching the course, I feel that this course is important for any diver even if they do not plan on cavern or cave diving. As a couple, our daughter and her boyfriend learned to work together as a team for the first time. Lauren and Jon stress communication and working together as one of the most important parts of the course. Any diver team can easily benefit from this cooperation. Rather than bicker, my daughter learned she had to work with her boyfriend. They finally had to communicate without using Instagram! Because of how they had to work together, they quickly became “Team Couples Therapy”. It was a fitting name for them.

All in all, it was a great week in cave country. I truly cannot thank Lauren, Jon and Peter enough! I would emphatically recommend any of these instructors!

I think Jon and Lauren end up becoming great friends with all of their students. I know that I feel fortunate to have trained with them.

Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your feedback. We greatly appreciate it! Also, thank you for allowing us the awesome opportunity to work with Reilly during her training. As an instructor, one of the greatest compliments I could ever receive is being able to work with the children of other divers. While Reilly isn't really a "kid" anymore, she will always be yours and the trust in our training means a lot.

Reilly and James were such a fun team to work with and had us laughing out loud with their goofy jokes and comments throughout the entire course. They are both talented divers, open to learning and were so much fun to work with in training. I am really looking forward to seeing where the future takes them.

Thank you again for the comments! We hope to dive with YOU in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom