Post Service Check Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverEGM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just dropped off two first stages, three second stages and two tanks to be serviced. Are there any check outs you do when you pick up your gear after being serviced before you leave the shop?

I look at the bag of replaced parts are they actually worn and indicating a need to replace, and then engage the tech in conversation as to how everything looked inside. does it look like I am getting it rinsed ok any sign of water intrusion. This does a couple of things, it is good feed back to me and it lets me know that the tech actually paid attention to the gear. This would not work in a large volume shop where they are cranking out 10 sets each day

I am sure that the tech at a facility that has a "large volume" of regulator service of 10 a day , has a higher level of skill than one that does 2 or 3 regulators a week.

ok, if it was air tech, then you really don't have to do anything, since all of the information below would be provided to you on the service sheet, and it's nifty since they'll actually let you jump in the pool to test everything to make sure it works how you want it to. Not sure about Water World as I've never had anything serviced there

basically set the gear up fully to make sure the tank valves are functioning properly and that the regs are pressurizing properly. Ask them to use an IP gauge if you don't have one and take some breaths off of each of the regulators. Ask for the documentation on the inhale and exhale pressures from the magnehelic to make sure they are in spec and to your liking, and ask to have the old parts kits to make sure everything was changed

Back
Top Bottom