Equipment for DM Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tahutii

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Diver!

I'm new here and need some help

Start for 6weeks on a long journey and travel the next Months/Years around Asia (sorry for my english, I'm still working on it).

I had my first dive for 40days in Koh Chang (Thailand) and did my OWD License there. I love diving and want work as a divemaster in Asia (Thailand or Indonesia)... the feeling is unbelievable!

I did my AWD and Rescue Diver License in Khao Lak and travel now to Fidschi and Malaysia (Sipandan) for Diving.

In March starts my DM course in Komodo (Indonesia) and I need now my own gear. I have no cloue about equipment and need now a little bit help what I have to buy.

Thanks!
Tahu

Last edited:
what Brands are readily available and well supported in your area? Start there.

I can buy the Equipment in Bali, Komodo, Nadi, Kular Lumpur and Auckland ( or per Internet in Germany with delivery to my Diving store in Komodo).

kuala lumpur will be the cheapest out of those if you are buying retail. other option is to buy taiwanese gear (IST sports, saekodive, aquatec) and get it shipped to you. if you can find some lightly used equipment and put a little work into fixing it up, that is the cheapest way to get geared. if you are working as a DM for a shop, some may require you to use gear from a certain brand or even certain models they carry though.

I can buy the Equipment in Bali, Komodo, Nadi, Kular Lumpur and Auckland ( or per Internet in Germany with delivery to my Diving store in Komodo).

Do NOT have it delivered to a dive store in Komodo or anywhere in Indonesia. The Indonesian government will heavily tax your purchases. I was charged 150% percent on a titanium dive knife and dive alert being shipped from the U.S. If you or someone can bring it in as luggage, o.k. you may have a better rate w/a German internet company. But do not ship!

Double check with your dive shop in Komodo, @runsongas may be correct and they may want you to use a certain brand. If so, when you stopover in Bali they probably have a preferred dive shop that supplies them where you can purchase gear. Also, double check, I've heard of some dive shops in Bali that include rental gear in your course price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom