Real world review of the AOI DLP-04 acrylic mini dome port with Olympus PT-EP10 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see your point with regard to versatility with the semi-dome. Currently I have to make the topside decision to shoot very wide angle, or a combination of not-so-wide and macro using the flat port, kit 14-42, and removable wet lens diopter.

Seeing your gorgeous macro shots above definitely clue me in to what I'm missing by not having a true macro setup with the 60mm.

I'm currently shooting with the E-PL1 in Oly housing, hoping to make the (massive) jump to the an E-M1 II in a year or so (hoping for a price drop by then), so I may hold off on getting any new ports until then.

Great pics and great review. I've been debating picking up the 9-18 zoom. Since you mostly shot with it at 9mm, perhaps I can skip it since I already have the 8mm FE with AOI dome port and have been very happy with the results.

Yeah another dome for the 9-18 when you have the 8 mm fisheye could be a bit redundant..

I definitely like the ability to use the 60mm macro with the same dome however (like chris196 pointed out). It's a huge plus for me.

Also don't forget that the 9-18 is a rectilinear wide angle and not a fisheye. It comes with its own set of problems (corner sharpness), but I myself have never been a fan of the fisheye distorted lines and extreme FoV. (but I haven't actually used a fisheye under water yet, so I might change my mind on that one :) )

I use the 9-18 a ton on land too (I shoot a lot of landscapes).

Yank,
Those pics weren't mine, but here are a few. First is the 9-18 on an epl2 with single Inon D2000:
C5_Saba_2011 (8).jpg
D0_bahamas_2012 (12).jpg

BTW, you can really use 3 lenses at least behind the dome for the 9-18.
The 9-18, 60 & 14-42. Probably could use the 12-50 also, I just don't have that lens.
And I rarely use the 14-42 as I just like the images from the 9-18 & 60 more.

Probably could use the 12-50 also, I just don't have that lens.

If the AOI dome has the same dimensions as the Zen dome, then I can attest that the 12-50 will not work. Kind of a bummer, especially since the electronic zoom would be nice to have underwater.

Thank you for posting this. I had been trying to figure out why my 9-18 wasn't working in the OLY flat port that came with my housing, and apparently my model is a one-off where the 9-18 won't work, so have been looking at these ports.

I noticed there is a DLP-04 and a DLP-04P (which is cheaper). Any idea what the differences are? Is there any advantage to going to the more expensive glass port (DLP-03) or the Zen-WA100? From what I can tell from this post, the acrylic looks like it does a great job. Pictures are gorgeous!

Great pics overall, though the shark is smeared at 1/60 sec, as expected. Was this exposure set by you or by the camera? What mode did you shoot in?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom