Egypt recommendations please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been going for years to El Quseir, Flamenco Beach Resort and diving with Pharaoh Dive Club. The dive base is located just 5 minutes up the road at Roots Luxury Camp, British run, your Mrs can relax at the beach while you dive the house reef at Abu Sauatir. Welcome to Roots

I also dove with the Pharaoh Dive Club out of Roots Camp and enjoyed it. It may be a bit isolated for your wife but they do have a pool, beach and bar.

After this weeks birthday and endless restaurants divorce would be the cheaper alternative !!

We stayed & dived in Dahab in 2012. A lot of good shore diving (the Bells to Blue Hole, The Canyon etc. etc.) and the fantastic Gabr el Bint, which is a day trip on a boat but may be a nice one for your wife to join you; our guides families joined us - great day out. You can also do a (very very long but obviously totally worth it) day trip to HMS Thistlegorm & Shark / Yolanda Reef from Dahab (not sure your wife would appreciate that though).
You can snorkel around many of the sites (the Blue Hole is a nice day out in itself) and the reef drop-off in front of the beach (north of the lighthouse) is great. We stayed at Coral Coast Hotel which was pretty good and has a pool. The dive companies should do pick ups / drop offs from / to the hotel.
Dahab itself is a nice town with some decent(ish) restaurants (we didn't go for the food) & shopping. Watch out for the Mummy Tummy though!
Having said all that, I'm not sure what the security situation is round there these days!!

Last edited:
Thanks all for your insight, much appreciated.
@UFOrb some good recommendations, had a look seems ideal - TY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom