Recommendations for a Wet Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like my waterproof W3 3.5mm suit. Nicely tailored, easy to don and doff, warm, quick drying soft inner lining. Would buy again in a heartbeat. Looked at proteus suits but they were much harder to put on.

Think with wetsuits is that you really should try them on. Bodies are all different, so you might need to try a few. Particularly with a brand like fourth element that has a lot of different sizing options
I Agree that i would need to check out some stock wetsuits at the local dive store and make a decision after

Need help in buying a custom wetsuit. For the last month we have been dealing with Aquaflite wet suits and have sent in measurements and then received a suit that did not fit. Remeasured and sent video and photos of putting on the wetsuit and upon second shipping it's even a worse fit. Of course it's custom so no refunds. It really seems they don't know what they are doing. Where do I go from here?

Well, things are getting worse. Aquaflite has not addressed my concerns about the fit of a custom wetsuit. Looks like I burned 300 dollars for nothing. I do not recommend them.

Wetwear Custom Wetsuits

These guys make and ship custom suits. They're a little pricey, but cheaper than I've seen some of the scubapro suits go for. You'll have to take like 35 measurements (you measure and give them the measurements). I bought one for my wife and it is an amazing fitting suit. We got all the options they offered for the 3mm suit and it was under $600.

They put zippers in both arms/legs and have a very lengthy main zipper. It make the suit extremely easy to don/doff while maintaining an excellent fit when zipped. You won't need a skin or baby powder to don this thing.
Does she have front zip or back zip? Ifshe has front zip does she have an issue taking the suit off?

Does she have front zip or back zip? Ifshe has front zip does she have an issue taking the suit off?
Back zip. She doesn't even need my help to zip it up like most suits would require. The zipper is offset to one side and has a long leash on it. They went to a lot of trouble making the thing easy to don/doff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom