pairing 1 transmitter w/ d6i and vytec simultaneously

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rypark1999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

I was wondering if its possible to pair one transmitter to a d6i and a vytec simultaneously so that both computers will have tank pressure readings for the same tank.

and if so, how? I read the two manuals and it doesn't discuss how this could be done, and that paring is by a single code set by the transmitter/computer so pairing isn't mixed up with other divers using suunto computers. so I'm thinking it probably can't be done.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You should not have a problem pairing both computers...just make sure they are both in the vicinity of the transmitter when you open the tank valve after installing your 1st stage.

The transmitter assigns and transmits the code, the computer s receive and store the code....in the same way you would want to some space between you and a fellow diver with a similar Suunto transmitter when setting up your gear.

The code is randomly assigned by the transmitter each time the 1st stage is pressurized above 15 bar. To re-set/change the code you turn off the tank valve and de-pressurize the 1st stage to 10 bar or less, then re-pressurize above 15 bar. The computer should then receive and lock the new code.

-z

You should not have a problem pairing both computers...just make sure they are both in the vicinity of the transmitter when you open the tank valve after installing your 1st stage.

The transmitter assigns and transmits the code, the computer s receive and store the code....in the same way you would want to some space between you and a fellow diver with a similar Suunto transmitter when setting up your gear.

The code is randomly assigned by the transmitter each time the 1st stage is pressurized above 15 bar. To re-set/change the code you turn off the tank valve and de-pressurize the 1st stage to 10 bar or less, then re-pressurize above 15 bar. The computer should then receive and lock the new code.

-z

Thanks! I had both in the vicinity of the transmitter when I opened the tank. But only the d6i paired on all four attempts. Four separate tanks/dives.

I guess I can only try again. Are you able to pair two computers to a single transmitter?

You should be able to pair two computers to a single transmitter....it happens inadvertently when divers with air integrated computers from the same manufacturer (using the same transmitter type) gear up in close proximity to each other such as on boats. Suunto uses the same transmitter for both your computers.

Can each of your computers lock onto the signal of your transmitter separately?

Is the wireless setting of your Vytec turned on?

From paragraph 4.3.3.3 in the manual: "To set the wireless transmission settings select Mode- 3 SET - 3 SET PREF - 3 HP"

If that does not work, check the battery in the Vytec and the transmitter.

-z

Been there tried it can't be done. The transmitter can only pair with 1 computer at a time. If you think about it , it is so someone else nearby does not pair to your tank

Been there tried it can't be done. The transmitter can only pair with 1 computer at a time. If you think about it , it is so someone else nearby does not pair to your tank

It can be done on Vytec and D6i (and all other computers using those same transmitters)
The transmitters before the Eon Steel are one way only. They have no idea on who is receiving their signal, nor do they care.

They just send out their signal, and any number of computers can receive it...the transmitter does not know.
The Eon Steel transmitters are two way and they pair to a specific computer.

Read 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 in the Vytec manual....Suunto recommends a way to change the code locked into the computer should you find yourself diving with another diver using a similar air integrated setup.

Check that your computers do not have a previously stored code...if so erase it and re-pair the computer(s) and transmitter.

From pages 14 and 15 of the manual:

"The user can change the code by reducing the pressure to less than 10 bar (145 psi) and then increasing the pressure above 60 bar (870 psi). This means the transmitter code will automatically change when you change to a fresh cylinder. This can also be used if your dive buddy has the same code and you want to change the code.

WARNING:
In case there are several divers using Vytecs with wirelss transmission always ensure that all divers are on different codes before starting the dive.

The selected transmission code can later be verified via the alternative display, by pressing the "Time" button twice. If needed, the stored code can be manually erased in this display by pressing the "Plan" (up) button and then pressing "Mode"(select). The Vytec will now erase the stored code and start displaying "SETC" allowing a new pairing with the transmitter.

The alternative display showing the selected code reverts to the main display after 15 seconds in order to avoid accidental code changes."

http://ns.suunto.com/Manuals/Vytec/Userguides/Suunto_Vytec_userguide_EN.pdf

-z

Last edited:
Thanks guys!! Unfortunately, I don't own my own tank and I don't feel like renting one just to figure this out (my next dive probably won't be for a while). But as soon as I can get my hands on tank, I will retry and report back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom