Beuchat regulator technical documentation or recomendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pospa

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I am struggling making decision which Beuchat reg should I buy. Thing is I do have VX 10 and like to re-equip using original VX 10 + new reg. For service simplicity I'd like to have Beuchat again. But problem is I can't compare among current offer. There are no technical paper out on the Internet. At the moment I am thinking between VX 10 iceberg and VX 200 iceberg. Do you have any reasonable documentation or better personal experience, please? Any hint, recommendation, piece of information welcome. Thanks

There are no technical paper out on the Internet. At the moment I am thinking between VX 10 iceberg and VX 200 iceberg. Do you have any reasonable documentation or better personal experience, please?

Not sure what this means; are you looking for a manual, a magazine article, or retailer.

Actually any of those. Thing is, I have been offered with those two for approx. the same price and I'd like to know which one will be better for me. Main criterias are:
  • Cold water (range of 4-12 Celsius) Suitability
  • inhale energy
  • durability

The lack of response almost says it all. How widely used and supported are Beuchat reg? Why restrict to this selection?

The VX10 has a swivel turret and is much bulkier than the VX200 which is much more compact. Try planetdivestore.com for pictures of all Beuchat regulators and frogkick.dk for schematics in French.

The lack of response almost says it all. How widely used and supported are Beuchat reg? Why restrict to this selection?

Beuchat seems to be more common in the francophone countries as they are a french brand. considering OP is from prague, they may be relatively common and well supported in his area.

Hi,
I am struggling making decision which Beuchat reg should I buy. Thing is I do have VX 10 and like to re-equip using original VX 10 + new reg. For service simplicity I'd like to have Beuchat again. But problem is I can't compare among current offer. There are no technical paper out on the Internet. At the moment I am thinking between VX 10 iceberg and VX 200 iceberg. Do you have any reasonable documentation or better personal experience, please? Any hint, recommendation, piece of information welcome. Thanks

there really isn't much advantage to the vx200 unless if having a slightly smaller first stage matters a lot to you and you don't gain any advantage from the turret. not sure about 5th port availability which is nice for doubles. same dilemma as you have for the DST vs FSR. DST ends up working better for most.

the vx200 does seem to be cheaper right now though on scuba store

Hi,
I have restricted because I am already using older version of VX 10 and I'd like to stick to the vendor because of service. At the moment I am upgrading from single 1st stage + 2nd into double 1st stage + 2nd stage on each. Replacing everything will be much more costly. And why VX10 and VX200? Its because of cold water.

Pospa

Then get the VX 10. Stop driving yourself nuts.

Beuchat is like the most microscopically small reg manufacturer I can think of, certainly with respect to the western hemisphere at least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom