Repair hole in neoprene wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishCity

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, apologies if this is the wrong forum. I got a small lava "divot" in the chest area of my new neoprene Farmer Jane. It is the size of a dime, did not go all the way thru. It is a U-shaped cut/tear in the top layer and some of the foam. How to fix? Needle and thread? Some kind of glue? Duct tape? Leave it alone? It is not critical, I am a snorkeler.
Suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks!

I googled aquaseal and found several different products. I will leave it alone now but if someone cpuld give me a link to the one to get judt in case, much appreciated!
Thanks, tbone1004!

Thank you all for your help!

Aquaseal could cause a problem if not applied correctly. Neoprene on that part of your wetsuit has to stretch. Aquaseal does not stretch much is it applied too thick. If you can get a piece of neoprene from your local dive store, pull the nylon fabrice form one side, you can trim the neoprene to, the size and shape of the "divot". You can then use wet suit glue and glue the patch on and fill the divot and it will be protected by the nylon on the other side of the neoprene. I did this a lot on our rental wet suits over the 30 years of owning a dive store..

Hmmm...sounds interesting. I can get a piece of neoprene. What wet suit glue to get?? Thanks.

Hmmm...sounds interesting. I can get a piece of neoprene. What wet suit glue to get?? Thanks.
Mcnett Seal Cement or any type of wet suit glue. It has to be applied on both sides and allowed to dry before putting the patch on. You can usually get it in black or clear. Let it cure for 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom