Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arkid

Registered
Reaction score
I have booked a flight to Maldives for later this year and I'm trying to figure out where to stay that would offer the best overall diving.
By the sounds of it there are large animals everywhere you go so that isn't a concern. My main concern is finding soft coral in abundance and generally a good healthy reef.
It seems most resort type places have a good amount of fish but are lacking in the healthy reef department... reviews stating bleached and dead coral. Most vacation reviewers on sites like trip advisor seem to be your average snorkeler so it's hard to get any insight on what condition a reef is in when they're only excited to see a turtle or ray.
I've found a few resorts that have good looking house reefs but they are way out of my budget.
Does anyone have any tips for good soft coral diving?
I found this video on the YouTube which is what I'm looking for... Thanks!

Boutique Beach is English run and right beside the whaleshark hot spot. The area also has beautiful soft coral reefs and loads of fish. It is on a local island , so no booze will give your liver a rest for your stay. We had an excellent time there.

Last edited:
Boutique Beach is English run and right beside the whaleshark hot spot and has beautiful soft coral reefs. It is on a local island , so no booze will give your lover a rest !
Thanks for the tip!

They are and as I say spots of big things , whalesharks and other sharks are very good. It's aLso very good for mantas in the second half of the year. The topography is more lots of undersea mounds covered in colorful soft corals and sea fans , with lots of fish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 30
They are and as I say spots of big things , whalesharks and other sharks are very good. It's aLso very good for mantas in the second half of the year. The topography is more lots of undersea mounds covered in colorful soft corals and sea fans , with lots of fish.
Awesome, thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom