Diving Into The Unknown (2016) / "Takaisin Pintaan"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will have to look into this film. Is there somewhere it can be bought in electronic format, the website doesn't seem too responsive, maybe my inpatience.

Will have to look into this film. Is there somewhere it can be bought in electronic format, the website doesn't seem too responsive, maybe my inpatience.

No, not yet here in the US. When I talked to the film crew a little while ago, they were still working on getting it to the US iTunes. I have seen it on Finnish iTunes - don't know if other countries' iTunes has it yet.

Last edited:
I watched this last night with English subtitles. Seeing the recovery footage gives a little glimpse into how difficult a body recovery is from a cave. I enjoyed watching it. The film was put together very well despite having to read the subtitles.
Must have been quite an effort! But then again, this world consists of multilingual, bilingual and English people.

reading a film is a little distracting, but I guess you could say the same about English voice overs/dubbing. :)
I'd much rather see a subtitled movie than a dubbed one. For me, the tone of voice and the inflection is an important part of the movie experience for me. Besides, the complete lack of lipsync is rather distracting.

I'd much rather see a subtitled movie than a dubbed one. For me, the tone of voice and the inflection is an important part of the movie experience for me. Besides, the complete lack of lipsync is rather distracting.

I agree. Speaking English also makes us a little spoiled since many of the best movie productions are done in Hollywood so it's rare to need voice overs or dubbing. The rest of the world is probably used to it.

I probably shouldn't have made the comment, but since we're reviewing films here I thought it was worth mentioning. You really have to watch the film twice. Once to get an understanding of the story line and a second time to see all the footage you missed.

I'm not knocking the production. I understand the entire world doesn't speak English.

Back
Top Bottom