Help needed adjusting ikelite housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OtherHalf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have an ikelite housing for an older canon 350d I'm learning on. The button that engages the av button isn't engaging the button on the camera, so I'm not able to use manual mode. Is there a way to adjust the part that sets the engagement for the shaft so that it engages the button on the camera? It looks like it needs to rotate 10-15 degrees clockwise to hit the button. Pictures to help explain...

IMG_0341.JPG
The lever doesn't engage the at button. To shoot manual I have to be able to hold that button down to adjust aperture size. I'm using flashes and this camera doesn't interface with the ikelite well so it shoots as though there is not flash, so I have to adjust manually to get any shots

IMG_0338.JPG
There is no way to adjust the shaft. It is one piece. I've removed the spring and holder for this shot

IMG_0339.JPG
With the shaft out (this is the "wet side" of the housing). I don't see any way to adjust the nut or the black piece. The knob that attaches to the shaft has two tabs that follow the valleys, but I don't see any way to adjust. The shaft has a flat cut that interfaces with the knob, so I can't adjust that either.

Is there a trick to adjust this, and can it be safely done at home?

OtherHalf,

The deepest "valleys" in the black indexing ring should form an "X" when installed properly on the control gland cap "nut." Rotate the indexing ring and reinstall until you get the proper placement.

If you are unable to correct the problem, please send the housing (without camera) and a cover letter or copy of this thread to Ikelite Service.
Once received, the turnaround time is approximately 2 weeks.

Ikelite Service Dept.
50 W. 33rd St.
Indianapolis, IN 46208

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Back
Top Bottom