End of March diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dragon Eye

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm headed to Bermuda at the end of March for a MUCH needed vacation. I realize this is the off season but would still like to dive a few days. I'm ok with cold water too. I emailed a few dive ops but notice island time and off season may apply. Will someone be running in March? Trip is already booked and I must dive :)

Also any highly recommended dives- I'm ok with wrecks, and reef but always like a recommendation.

Most likely they are closed. There are only a handful of dive ops. Dive Bermuda's website states that it is closed until March. Where you stay likely to drive your decision on who to dive with due to transportation limitations with dive gear.

Last time I was in Bermuda, I did some diving with Dive Bermuda at the Fairmont Southampton was mid-March 2012. I did the bookings in February, but I believe that the shop has since changed hands. Their winter hours of operation have clearly changed...
For what its worth, we had water temps of 68F, and some great dives.
You might be making some last minute bookings, but it was pretty slow at that time of year, and we were the only divers on the boat.
Keep trying... as long as they are open by the time you go, I suspect that you will still be able to get in some good diving.

Any suggestions on who to dive with if NOT staying in the Fairmont? the cost is way too high for us to stay there but we do want to dive some in Bemuda and will stay in a different hotel

Really all depends on where on the island you are staying.

Back
Top Bottom