Shore dives in WNY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to Buffalo!!!

Check out Discover Diving (Transit Road in Depew) - They have weekly evening river drifts and a cook-out that follows (might be reaching the summer end though).

Dip-N-Dive (Niagara Falls Blvd in Kenmore) has a few local dives on their schedule.

The only shore dive I've done is the Niagara River off of Grand Island. Fun ride in the current but not a hell of a lot to see. Did it first time through Dip n Dive, then again on our own.

I know this is an old post but it caught my attention. I am new to diving and from the buffalo area. I actually googled the same question and it led me to here. Anyway, I am very new to it and I am looking for friends to dive with. Its been very fun so far. I am trying to get prepared for Cozumel next February. I cant wait. I have my 3rd closed water class tonight.

Truth be told, diving the wrecks on the Lake is where it's at, but, trash dives drifting the river have been everything from amazing to WTF did I do this for. Big fish (muskie & sturgeon), fishing gear, anchors (modern), bottles (some quite old), and a heck of a bunch more can turn up. Rarely are two drifts the same.

Last edited:
upload_2017-1-31_15-29-4.png

on left is a 1890's soda bottle. still researching the right one...

Hi there. I am also from the buffalo area looking for some dive buddies. I have been searching for awhile so its nice to see a post like this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom