First Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you trust them and you are certain that they will take care of you with the equipment should there be any issue with it, then it is a great deal especially if it is "new" and registered under your name with full mfg. warranty.

What are you getting and what's the price on them? In general I'd have no problem buying pre-owned from a dealer as you describe but with some brands and models, even half price is a rip-off.

What are you getting and what's the price on them? In general I'd have no problem buying pre-owned from a dealer as you describe but with some brands and models, even half price is a rip-off.
MK21/S560 with R095 octo, Subgear XP-10 console with SPG $550

A pretty good mid-level Scubapro 1st and 2nd stage with a standard octo. The Subgear XP-10 is now the Scubapro Aladin Sport.

Personally, I would prefer a wrist computer along with an SPG and a wrist compass. The price seems to be 50-60% of the cost new.

A pretty good mid-level Scubapro 1st and 2nd stage with a standard octo. The Subgear XP-10 is now the Scubapro Aladin Sport.

Personally, I would prefer a wrist computer along with an SPG and a wrist compass. The price seems to be 50-60% of the cost new.
I'm not a big fan of the console computer either. My plan would be to still get the Geo 2.0 in the near future and use this in the mean time. Probably set the XP-10 to gauge mode and just use the spg. I was just hoping I didn't make a mistake going with used regs. I was planning on buying new but I have a hard time passing up a deal.

I'm not a big fan of the console computer either. My plan would be to still get the Geo 2.0 in the near future and use this in the mean time. Probably set the XP-10 to gauge mode and just use the spg. I was just hoping I didn't make a mistake going with used regs. I was planning on buying new but I have a hard time passing up a deal.
Maybe they would sell you the regs without the console at about the same discount. This might be the best option.

Or, the Aladin Sport could be popped out of the console and put in a wrist boot, about $35, maybe they would do it for you. I don't know if the SPG can be removed and used separately. My daughter had a Uwatec/Scubapro computer running their Buhlmann ZHL-8 ADT decompression algorithm. It is middle of the road in the spectrum liberal to conservative.

Or, just dive the console for now, eventually replacing it

I'd probably just wait until I find what I want rather than buy some stuff I don't.

That's an awesome deal especially if it is fully serviced and is under mfg. warranty and registered under your name as the original owner.

The S560 is the S600 in a plastic housing, excellent second stage as long as you don't dive in frigid cold water. The MK21 is excellent fs but no swivel turret (you can add a 5th top LP port for around $30). The MK21/S560 is a high end mid-range SP regulator that has specs better than some other mfg. high end regulators.

The XP-10 computer is an entry level computer has all that is required for the recreational diver. I don't see a reason or need to go to a Veo2/Geo2 at all. If you plan to move to an AI computer later, then you can still use the XP-10 as a backup computer (no reason to put it in gauge mode, just a back up computer). In short, I'd use this whole setup with all of its features even if you buy a second more advanced computer.

Awesome deal overall!!

Last edited:
Yep, you done good BullDiver! You need to get wet far more than you need a 2nd computer. Go diving.

Is it okay to use the regs in my personal pool with just an air tank no BC? Do I need to take off the BC hose?

SPG and hose is $71 from DGX, and even cheaper from fleebay, so replacing the console if you don't like it is not a major expense (if you end up buying a geo)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom