Diving and Brewing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

birdman27

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

Excited to be on the site. I live in Sonoma County, CA, so I am lucky to have some great diving opportunities (SCUBA and free) in my backyard. I got certified on a world trip about 5 years ago, but somehow life got in the way of diving when I got back... However, I was able to get my now wife interested a few years ago, and if anything she is more into it than me! We have fun diving on vacation and are starting to take more dive centered trips. As for the second part of my title, I work for a large craft brewery in research and process improvement and enjoy spreading the word of good beer. Just know, if you go diving with me in CA, I will always bring the beer!

Cheers,
Bryan

Welcome! Let me know if your ever in San Diego and need a buddy. I know the local spots well and love craft beer!

Welcome birdman, "I will always bring beer" is talking my language! You need to come out to the east coast!

Welcome Bryan and welcome back to diving. Congratulations on finding a great dive partner in your wife. Now the challenge, see if you can keep up with her. LOL. Like Ryan T, I'm on the east coast but much further north. Hopefully I can make it out to the west coast sometime and meet up for a dive or two if all works out. Take it easy.
Roger

Just know, if you go diving with me in CA, I will always bring the beer!
Finally... a reason to go diving in chilly Cali. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I might need to stick with the local Islamorada Beer Co. :D :D :D

Thanks everyone! I find the cold is easier to handle once I get out of the water and have a couple brews down the hatch...

Howdy! I've been homebrewing (1992?) longer than I've been diving (1998), and I still love both. I was taught homebrewing at Home Brew Mart in San Diego by Jack White, who now must be a billionaire, having started and sold Ballast Point during the time I've been gone from my old hometown.

howdy and welcome from southeast Florida....

Hello! I'm a diver and a homebrewer! I dream about traveling to California specifically to drink craft beer from local breweries! I hope while I'm over there (whenever that may be) that I have a chance to do some diving as well. May I ask what brewery you work for?

Certainly. I work for Lagunitas.

Hello! I'm a diver and a homebrewer! I dream about traveling to California specifically to drink craft beer from local breweries! I hope while I'm over there (whenever that may be) that I have a chance to do some diving as well. May I ask what brewery you work for?

Back
Top Bottom