Liveaboard with family including nondivers/kids

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arsalan Ahmed

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

We are planning on visiting Indonesia in May and were wondering if there were any liveaboards that catered to bringing on non divers (including families). I have a 6 year old and a 4 year old who would snorkel.

We were hoping to do a 4D/3N type liveaboard. The only one I've been able to find so far has been aggressor but its way out of my budget.

Thank you

or charter a small LOB
Ari Dive Komodo | Komodo Diving Liveaboard Fleet has 3 boats to cater 5 to 8 person. No A/C, far from luxury, but could be lot of fun for a family trips
and you have more control to the sites destination
stop at local supermarket for stocks of beer, milk, juice and snacks for your family

Empress ll liveaboard has 5/4nights and 8/7nights has A/C. The deluxe room has an en-suite bathroom and all other cabins you share a bathroom.
The website in the picture I provided have a great time. They have a crew of 5-7 depends if they have a full boat 9-13 divers.

Attachments

• IMG_2299.PNG
    IMG_2299.PNG
    404.2 KB · Views: 86
No, but you might want to consider Misool Eco Resort. They have a great location in Raja Ampat, lots of great diving (back to the resort after almost every dive), and excellent snorkeling as well, along with a lagoon with baby sharks, a small beach, and plenty of room for kids to run around. In fact, the founder often brings his son.

Pricey.

- Bill

Off the top off the top of my head - try looking for lower end dive tour boats out to Komodo. I have no personal experience with this boat but a quick Google should find you more info -

Komodo Liveaboard | Komodo Dive Center

(Hi, Wingy!) I went on Komodo Dive Center's liveaboard, the Mastro Aldo in September 2016. If you have any specific questions about it, let me know. :)

Yes there definitely are! We joined ARI DIVE in Flores for a 4D/3N trip in June 2016 and it was the highlight of our year! Onboard were 3 mums each with one kid, aged 5-6. Two of us dived and the rest snorkled; the sites generally chosen were appropriate for both, and were stunning. The boat we were on was Ary Jaya, which was simple but safe and comfortable, and the kids had as much of a blast on board as they did in the water. The staff were happy to accomodate the snorklers and were wonderful with the kids in the water, keeping a close eye on them in the RIB. They had kayaks to play on, beach walks, the Komodo walk on Rinja, snorkling with mantas, a walk through the village on Komodo and a visit to the local school and a guided walk up to the lookout. They even did a bonfire on a deserted beach for the kids. I highly recommend this company...they were flexible, professional and helpful. On a sidenote, the owner often brings her son on the trips, so the crew are familiar with kids and their ways! More info on their website: www.aridive.com

We were at ADEX (Singapore's huge diving expo) and we spotted this company: http://www.piratesbaycruising.com/
They have a number of boats and some smaller ones that you could possibly charter on your own...or con another family to join you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom