Do your short doubles make you head heavy?

How do your short doubles trim out? (without trim weights)

• Head heavy

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Horizontal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slightly pitched back (optimal)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Foot heavy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, didn't realize I'd generate so much discussion with my short, booty tanks! Yes, the lower band has to go over the boots on HP 80s. For the proper bolt spacing, the tanks are just too short to do it any other way. I agree that standing tanks should be attended, but for fills and donning on a pitching boat, the boots make the tanks much more stable.

I really like how you put "voodoo gas" on your cylinders. However, I don't like the boots. The reason being is because DIR teaches (DIR is like a cult, really) that you don't need boots as you should either be wearing the rig or you should have them layed down. Plus that an extra $20 you can put towards more useful gear.
No, it's because boots tend to trap water promote rush and get you stuck in tight spots.

What AJ said. Plus tank boots are positively buoyant and will promote (even if minimal) to that head down tilt. I have two different make/length boots and just put them in my filled tub to verify and both of them float. Just take them off. It's not any harder to kit up with them off once you get used to it.

Wow, didn't realize I'd generate so much discussion with my short, booty tanks! Yes, the lower band has to go over the boots on HP 80s. For the proper bolt spacing, the tanks are just too short to do it any other way. I agree that standing tanks should be attended, but fo
If you want to hear a extensive discussion, say jet fuel can't melt steel on an internet forum. Oops.

3750 is already an overfill. You will be hard pressed to get that especially given the age of whatever MP72 cylinder you bring in and the fill stations opinions of it, justified or not. You will not be getting a 4500 psi fill so I hope you are not factoring that capacity into your planning.

That probably was a stupid post. I would much rather just use LP85s that are filled to 3100 psi. Much easier to get and better bouyancy characteristics. I'm not going to bore you with a long discussion of autistic psychology. Put shortly, I said what I said because to me, it is completly logical that if some people fill their LP cylinders to 4000 psi (1.5 x the service pressure), then other people might fill their MP/HP cylinders to 4500 psi (1.4 x service pressure)

No, it's because boots tend to trap water promote rush and get you stuck in tight spots.

They also do that. I said DIR teaches it because that's what I've learned from it. I was arguing from the perspective that they don't help you don or doff. I would appreciate it that you didn't try to look smart at another's expense. Yes, you are right, but being right is not exclusive to a single argument.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom