Satisfying your needs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's tough for me living in the Keys year round. Boats only go out in the morning and at noon, so I have to time things carefully to get a dive in. That's why I sometimes go north to the caves. Instead of being limited to two or three dive opportunities a day, they are endless... Like the real estate people suggest are the three most important considerations in deciding where to live: Location! Location! Location! :D :D :D

It's tough for me living in the Keys year round. Boats only go out in the morning and at noon, so I have to time things carefully to get a dive in. That's why I sometimes go north to the caves. Instead of being limited to two or three dive opportunities a day, they are endless... Like the real estate people suggest are the three most important considerations in deciding where to live: Location! Location! Location! :D :D :D

Wow. That's quite some impressive gloating ... :)

Wow. That's quite some impressive gloating ... :)
I consider it a non-contact sport, though it often leaves a mark or two! :D :D :D

This "boat" thing you talk about sounds expensive and time consuming. I just go to where I find water and fall in off the beach.

This "boat" thing you talk about sounds expensive and time consuming. I just go to where I find water and fall in off the beach.
For sure. The guy who used to service our shop (courses/club dives, etc.) home in NS charged $50 CAD ($$35+ US?) for a 2 tank dive on wrecks--100', 70', whatever. He also did fishing charters so I guess he managed to get by. My experiences in the S. USA is figure about $100US for that + $20 DM tip. Once a year for me with that. The rest shore dives.

It's pretty cold here in central Europe right now and I don't own a dry suit (yet), so I went almost crazy without diving lately.
Have you thought about taking a weekend trip to Nemo33?

Have you thought about taking a weekend trip to Nemo33?

The pool looks pretty cool (could be a map on Quake 3 Arena), but after reading through all their rules, I don't feel any need to go there (ever).

To be fair, I wouldn't fly to Brussels just to dive in a pool anyways.

The pool looks pretty cool (could be a map on Quake 3 Arena), but after reading through all their rules, I don't feel any need to go there (ever).

To be fair, I wouldn't fly to Brussels just to dive in a pool anyways.
I understand. But when desperate...

Much closer to you is the Y-40 pool in Montegrotto Terme, Padua, Italy. It's newer, bigger, 40m deep and within driving distance of Austria. This is what I should have brought up in the first place, instead of Nemo33. I agree that if getting on a plane to go diving, you'd do better to fly to someplace like Egypt for some Red Sea diving.

@REVAN
Thanks for tip, I want to be clear that I didn't mean to criticize you.
I checked their website and found some of their rules rather ridiculous. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom