DC2000 - Write Speed using RAW? Movie Focus Noise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Any other new owners out there noticing the speed of image capture with the DC2000 using RAW + JPG? Mine takes the camera out of commission for about 5-6 seconds between shots. JPG is good, something like a second, but not so great with RAW. I am using a UHS-1 class 10 card.

And I also noticed playing with 1080p movie mode (60 and 30 frames/sec) that the camera seems to pick up the auto focus motor, I'm going to discuss this with Sealife to see if my particular camera has a problem or not. Anyone else notice this?

Just a quick followup on this. The Engineers at sealife are reviewing the focus noise issue. I will report back what they advise. I am also researching a replacement lithium ion bat and charger that would fit this camera. DOT-1 makes a replacement cell for a Samsung "SLB-10A" that is rated at 1350ma-h, which would be greater than the stock 1050 ma-h. I will report further on this when it arrives.

Quick update, they are looking to potentially add some functionality on the video volume to reduce microphone gain which may assist with the focus noise issue, which they say is also apparent on other compact cameras. Most times you aren't using audio underwater anyways...

Back
Top Bottom