An Ocean Reef ARIA Snorkel Masks Changes a Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBobCancun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
At the condo we rent (Cancun) there is a small cadre of American Ex-Pats. We all tend to sit in the same area (so we can speak English) and the area is informally known as Gringo Corner. One of the couples I met is from Houston (Cindy and Jim). Jim is 66 and had a bad stroke 21 years ago that left him confined to a wheelchair with very little use of his arms and legs. But when the weather is nice Jim is at the pool doing his water exercises and walking the inside pool edge. Cindy helps him with his exercises and often floats him on his back around the pool. Jim would love to snorkel but he can't hold the snorkel in his mouth. So today I tried using an OCEAN REEF, INC. Aria snorkel mask and to say it was an overwhelming success would be the understatement of the year. Jim "swam" face down the entire length of the pool. He was face down for at least 15 minutes. He loved the mask and wanted to buy one from me but I told him I was already paid by his happiness and I gave him a mask. Cindy was going to buy one so they can snorkel together so I gave her one too. She told me, "Bob, this has added a whole new dimension to our lives and his therapy." Does life get any better than that? I hope you enjoy the photos of this wonderful day.

The local distributor for the Ocean Reef Aria is PuntaSub in Playa Del Carmen. Their president, Alberto Bonassi, donated a snorkeling vest and a pair of snorkeling fins to help Jim. We have had good luck with the vest and hope to try the fins soon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.03.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.03.31 PM.png
    496.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.03.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.03.45 PM.png
    466 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.03.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.03.53 PM.png
    590.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.04.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.04.15 PM.png
    562.2 KB · Views: 80
Delightful, but the diving here is not nearly as nice as your neck of the woods.

This is a great story!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom