Ocular migraine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have vitreous detachment in both eyes.

Edit: with vitreous detachment, the precursor for me in each case was a flash of light. The first time I didn't notice the flash, rather I did but thought it sunshine off of a metal mast on a sailboat. Then for days afterwards I kept trying to swat away the pesky little bug flying around that side of my head. Lol

The second time was in the other eye and I knew immediately because I was doing dishes and not out on the water.

Edit: Jersey, your experience/symptoms may be an extention of ocular migraine that I'm not aware of, regardless, for clarity, they most definitely are NOT related to vitreous detachment.

Last edited:
Chilly, were you talking to pepperbelly or Jersey? Aphasia can be a symptom of migraine with aura as well; certainly a good idea to have it worked up as he did though.

Best regards,
DDM

DDM: PepperBell on my last post but probably have the two confused as well. :) I've returned to my post and edited a bit. Thanks for pointing out I'd taken the opportunity to confuse issues and posters. (Face palm)

Shall we agree though, that vitreous detachment is not related to ocular migraine?

Last edited:
My opthamologist said it was vitreous detachment and not ocular migraine. He said they are not related.
I first mentioned ocular migraine because the symptoms matched and both of my parents had them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom