For Sale Iconel Sphere w/ Valve + Gambrill Sphere Holder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inverted_bear

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I'm looking to sell my Iconel Sphere and Gambrill Sphere Holder. The sphere also includes a valve specially machined to fit the sphere (sourced from Gambrill). The Sphere holder has a small notch cut to help keep the valve in the correct position. The sphere is in excellent shape. The sphere holder has some scratches (I bought it used from Billy Gambrill), but it is still fully functional and structurally sound. The valve has only 3 dives on it, all in fresh water.

Correctly positioned, the sphere adds about 5.5" to the length of the rebreather. This is the most comfortable and lowest profile way to build a self-contained sidemount rebreather with onboard diluent. You simply stack a 2l or 3l on top, and the unit is completely self contained. After the addition, the unit is just slightly larger than an aluminum 80. (The sphere holder should fit on any standard sidemount ccr or scrubber can).

I'm looking to get $2100 for the sphere, holder, and valve. Unit is located in High Springs. I can also deliver to Marianna for the conference or SoFlo in early March. I'm willing to ship anywhere at the buyer's expense, but I will require that you pay for insurance too.

The best way to contact me is at 516-423-3137 or at frank.mcnamara@miami.edu.

Pictures of a self contained sidekick (this one is Edd's, not mine) can be found here: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The full gallery of the sphere, holder, and the setup on a sidekick can be found here: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

YuzgrDi.jpg

1sBnEcz.jpg

Y0HepoS.jpg

d3nCouV.jpg

ziWSNmI.jpg

*sidekick and aluminum 80 are not for sale

Back
Top Bottom