Why no PST pro valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They most definitely DO exist. My doubles Are HP 100's and had a "pro valve" manifold when I first got them. I replaced it with a Thermo manifold once I finally tracked one down lol. Only time I ever used an insert was when I was transfilling with a scuba to paintball tank adapter... MAY have some pictures somewhere still of it if interested in checking it out...
3500 psi HP100 or 3442 psi? Different neck threads, different valves....

They most definitely DO exist. My doubles Are HP 100's and had a "pro valve" manifold when I first got them. I replaced it with a Thermo manifold once I finally tracked one down lol. Only time I ever used an insert was when I was transfilling with a scuba to paintball tank adapter... MAY have some pictures somewhere still of it if interested in checking it out...

that manifold was machined after the fact then. No commercially produced 200bar din manifold was ever made for the 7/8" tanks to my knowledge due to the DoT regulations on yoke valves. Machining the threads down on one wouldn't be particularly difficult if you had a lathe or CNC mill, recutting the threads wouldn't be particularly difficult with either of those machines as well, but I would be hard pressed to believe it came from the factory like that

that manifold was machined after the fact then. No commercially produced 200bar din manifold was ever made for the 7/8" tanks to my knowledge due to the DoT regulations on yoke valves. Machining the threads down on one wouldn't be particularly difficult if you had a lathe or CNC mill, recutting the threads wouldn't be particularly difficult with either of those machines as well, but I would be hard pressed to believe it came from the factory like that
I'm guessing he does not have HP100, 7/8' neck, tanks, but rather 3442, 3/4", tanks.

since he said the Thermo was a pain to find, I'm giving benefit of the doubt since 3/4 manifolds are easy to find, but Thermo 7/8's are like hens teeth
Now I'm confused. If Thermo never made a 7/8 manifold (your post #12), then are you referring to a DIY 7/8?

Now I'm confused. If Thermo never made a 7/8 manifold (your post #12), then are you referring to a DIY 7/8?

Thermo made them, they are just exceptionally rare to find these days.
part number is VMT378-35A if you're curious. I've seen more inconel spheres pop up in the last 2 years than I have Thermo skinny neck manifolds. The two common ones are OMS and Sherwood, neither of which were made in 200bar since it violates DoT regulations which is why PST made the 3442's in the first place

3500 psi HP100 or 3442 psi? Different neck threads, different valves....
3500psi, 7/8 tanks.

Definitely NOT machined, had the dimples on the back, whole valve was chromed. Would have been WAY more trouble to do that than it would have been worth... This was absolutely a factory option from someone somewhere... I do have the pics at home somewhere, got a few tanks to blend up after work and will hunt the pics down and post here if I remember too lol.

I'm guessing he does not have HP100, 7/8' neck, tanks, but rather 3442, 3/4", tanks.
These are absolutely HP100 7/8 3500psi tanks lol.

(I think there is a post below yours that states this already but anyways...) They did make 7/8 manifolds. SUPER hard to find, though they do exist. I even had shops telling me they didn't exist when I began searching. Have it together right now, only stopped using the set when I got my Rebreather, though keeping still for future use... I have even gone as far as to start collecting the THermo 7/8 manifold lol. Right hand valves can be found every now and then, but the left hands are a ROYAL PITA to track down. Of the 3 "sets" I have started, I still need 2 more LH's...

So you're saying you have 7/8th inch pro valves on your PST tanks?

So you're saying you have 7/8th inch pro valves on your PST tanks?
HAD them yes. Replaced them with the Thermo 7/8 Din manifold. Found the pictures last night, will upload them in a moment here...

Paint

The one picture is a bit blurry, but these are the old pictures of the manifold I had that came with my PST tanks. It has since been replaced with the Thermo 7/8 manifold.

Paint
IMG_20150413_201717365.jpg
IMG_20150413_201724459.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom