Tech Shorts with pockets for ladies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jessone

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Scubaboard, You have all been so helpful before so I was hoping you might have recommendations on wetsuit shorts with pockets or just pocket solutions for smaller women. I was told that I should have pockets for an upcoming tech course and was recommended to buy wetsuit shorts but they don't seem to make them in womens xs and the mens s all seem to be too big. I would prefer not to glue pockets onto my existing wetsuit and was hoping that someone has maybe suggestions on a particular brand of tech shorts for women or on something else that would achieve the same purpose.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping not to have to have alter a brand new pair of shorts! So far the xs scuba shorts seem the closest but 25-29 in is kinda a larger range and as I am just barely at the bottom of the range I'm a little hesitant to spend $90 to find out they don't fit. Are there really no tech shorts in women's sizes? Or at least xs mens sizes? Are scuba manufactures still considering this sport a boys club? Hoping someone knows of a company that makes shorts for ladies. Thanks again

Why not get a pair of these:
wiggle.com | Speedo Endurance Plus Jammer | Men's Swimwear

and sew a pair of these on:
https://www.amazon.com/XS-Scuba-Wet...87665278&sr=1-1&keywords=glue+on+thigh+pocket

Alternatively, get a pair of these. I used them before I had tech shorts and they work well:
Amazon.com : Dive Rite Thigh Pocket XT, Velcro Closure : Wetsuits : Sports & Outdoors

Once I had the tech shorts, I used these on a sidemount bottle to stash SMB etc, works pretty well.

The xsscuba sizing chart is way off. I have a 33 inch waist. Based on the chart I ordered that size. It was usable but way too big. I went to the smallest size 25-29 and they are still a little big, but better. With both, I was constantly pulling them up while out of the water. I thought of even wearing suspenders.

As previously mentioned, you might have to take them to a tailor to bring them in.

That is what I was thinking! Thanks for the info.

The xsscuba sizing chart is way off. I have a 33 inch waist. Based on the chart I ordered that size. It was usable but way too big. I went to the smallest size 25-29 and they are still a little big, but better. With both, I was constantly pulling them up while out of the water. I thought of even wearing suspenders.

As previously mentioned, you might have to take them to a tailor to bring them in.

I like my APEK shorts.

I have a 33" waist and bought the medium (35-37" waist). I wear them over my swim shorts as well as over my 3mm. No problem. Top performer.

Apeks Tech Shorts

GJS

The Scubapro shorts are much more close fitting than either the XS/Highland or the Apexs.

I've had both the XS and Apexs and for rec diving they're annoying. Where you're not taking a full load of spools, wetnotes, mask, SMB's, etc., the pocket size of the Scubapro's are more than adequate to carry an SMB/spool and other small sundry items you might need.

Back
Top Bottom