Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think crystal river is supposed to be nice .. the weather to beach dive around that time , the water is usually still cool . I dove last year around march 21st week and was wearing a 3mil wetsuit and it was a little chilly still so you might be ok if you can handle cool and at least a 3mil suit. Best bet if you don't know the area well would be take a charter boat . Aristakat is really good and he posts on here too . Hope that helps

Yes, I second checking with Aristakat.

I stayed on Villas Dr. last year and did numerous beach dives from that area. I just walked up about 200 yards north and entered there. That area is known as the Alhambra area and I did pretty good there.

2/25/2017
Service Club
Time 8:45 am
Seas 1'+
Vis 0-3'
Water Temp 68
Find 100 small teeth, a broken 3" meg and 300 yards of mono with a shark rig on the end

I live here in North Port and would probably be down for a shore dive, but it is a long swim to have a better chance,at finding anything. Definitely would recommend looking at Aristicat Charters

Service Club
3/5/2017
Time 9 am
Seas <1'
Wind ENE @ 10+
Water Temp 70
Vis 1'-4'
Finds usual small stuff and a 3.5" meg in decent condition

I am planning on coming down the week of the 22nd-30th . Don't know exact dates yet , but if anyone is interested in some shore diving that week or needs a buddy or interested in me tagging along , drop me a pm plz . Thanks

3/26/2017
Service Club
8:45 am
Seas <1'
Wind calm
Vis 3'-5'
Water Temp 68
finds nice 2" lower Mako and a nice posterior Meg, 150 small teeth
saw a few big 4'+ wide southern stingrays

4/2/17
Service Club
930 am - late start from running the 5k at Sharky's
Viz- was non existent. L literally could not see my hand in front of my face. Only reason I even tried today was because my son who just got certified wanted to go diving. Our total bottom time was 7 minutes.

Viz- was non existent. L literally could not see my hand in front of my face

It wasn't that bad, I actually found a few spots with about 1'+ of vis
did find about 50 small teeth and a stingray plate

But did cut the dive at an hour because it was so bad.

water temp 73

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom