90 Degree HP swivel to connect AI DC Transmitter/HP hose to first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking at the LP version of the OmniSwivel for the drysuit inflator hose on my Conshelf 1st.
OmniSwivel Pivot-Swivel, LP 1st Stage: 3/8-Inch M = 3/8-Inch F

I already have the "cheap one" from Piranha and it seems to work fine. So what makes the OmniSwivel cost $40 more? I want to justify buying one, but what's the difference?

made in USA, better tolerances, etc. Omni's stuff "feels" better and nicer. Does that matter? Not in the grand scheme of things in my experience. I own probably a dozen omni ball swivels and they are noticeably nicer than the ones that Cave Adventurers sells, but not worth the price difference of about 4x.

I used the Cave Adventurers swivel on my new regulator. Just got home from a week of diving in Jamaica and it performed well. No issues at all.

Been using all the various "brand x" swivels (HP &LP) for years on my firsts to tuck/route hoses or take strain angles off them. No issues.

I have the "other brand" and the Ominswivel (LP), the other brand is leaking but the Ominswivel is no issue.
I took my "other brand" apart to clean and relube the two o-rings. It hasn't leaked yet but the allen screw tightness adjustment on top tends to loosen over time. I assume both brands are build the same way, two o-rings, just differences in machining quality. I'll probably order the OmniSwivel just to have a look at it.

I took my "other brand" apart to clean and relube the two o-rings. It hasn't leaked yet but the allen screw tightness adjustment on top tends to loosen over time. I assume both brands are build the same way, two o-rings, just differences in machining quality. I'll probably order the OmniSwivel just to have a look at it.

Let us know please.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom