Cayman Brac "kinda" live blog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a tiny blue cayman cottage near the old Divi, right on the sand beach.. Don't know if it's for sale, but it's the prettiest beach and view in the Cayman's. Tiny, but a recent renovation. Maybe give you some ideas. Cheers
The smell has been nasty all week over there from the drying swamp. Yuck!

The smell has been nasty all week over there from the drying swamp. Yuck!
I think that's why Alexander couldn't stay open.. Check the new proposed DOE map, some of the Northside west of Tibbet's turn may be a NO dive area as is the very tip East end. I believe it's passed the initial steps, don't know when it is finalized. So if you like shore diving, look where the new marine park boundaries are. Cheers

Proposals for an enhanced system of Marine Parks in the Cayman Islands | IEyeNews

LOL.. I love to talk to Tenson at NIMS. Not much happens in Spot Bay, and he likes to share his life. He's a good guy.

Last edited:
...LOL.. I love to talk to Tenson at NIMS. Not much happens in Spot Bay, and he likes to share his life. He's a good guy.

Yes, and we enjoyed talking to him at first, but he kept us captive too long and we had to act abruptly to get away!

And he kept wanting to complain about US politics and the election - not a shining moment in our history for sure! But we want to forget about things like that when we are on vacation!

Last edited:
So word on the street is Richard Branson was on island earlier this week with some developer types from DART. Apparently, they were walking around the old DIVI property. We drove around the island today and did some hiking/cave exploring. Hopefully, the winds will relax later this afternoon and we can sneak in one shore dive. Probably should have booked a boat dive today. It's all good, though. We toured a beach house/property and talked to a realtor for awhile.

So word on the street is Richard Branson was on island earlier this week with some developer types from DART. Apparently, they were walking around the old DIVI property. We drove around the island today and did some hiking/cave exploring. Hopefully, the winds will relax later this afternoon and we can sneak in one shore dive. Probably should have booked a boat dive today. It's all good, though. We toured a beach house/property and talked to a realtor for awhile.

Dart has bought property on Little Cayman but they insist that they want to maintain the natural beauty and resources of the island, see the link below.

Hopefully, they mean it and they will also respect the natural beauty of Cayman Brac, but that old Divi property is a real eyesore and it would probably be good if it was torn down and redeveloped:

Dart Buys Hungry Iguana and Paradise Villas on Little Cayman

...We drove around the island today and did some hiking/cave exploring. Hopefully, the winds will relax later this afternoon and we can sneak in one shore dive. Probably should have booked a boat dive today. It's all good, though. We toured a beach house/property and talked to a realtor for awhile.

Good for you! If you get the chance, stop in at the small Cayman Brac Museum; it provides an interesting view into life on the island in the early days.

Does anyone know if you can eat at one of the high-end restaurants at Le Soleil D'or if you are not staying at the resort - or is access restricted only to guests? Le Soleil D'or is an expensive and exclusive resort and they have their own organic farm to offer Farm-to-Table Cuisine, see the link below. When we were on the island last fall we saw a private jet coming in to land and one of the divemasters said "they're probably going to Le Soleil".

We usually celebrate our anniversary during vacation and it might be nice to have the option to enjoy dinner at a special restaurant. We are usually at the CBBR on the meal plan (which is very good). We haven't planned our big vacation for this year, but it will be our 40th anniversary and that's kind of special!

Cayman Island Resort | Le Soleil d'Or | Cayman Island Vacation

Holy shnikeys! Dove King's Point this afternoon. Best life on the island. Unfortunately, tons of very mature lionfish...Mammoth Nassau Grouper, bugs, cuttlefish, huge barracuda, etc, but no sharks. Hoping to hit it up at first light tomorrow.

Tell the divemasters, they periodically participate in lionfish culls and they will be interested in the information.

The restaurant and bar/pool are open for business. I go there instead of BRR, staff is awesome and the little bar has excellent food. I don't look at the prices, just give them a credit card. Wife stays and relaxes and I dive public beach.
Always see sharks on the wall.

Dive ops rarely venture to the eastern walls. At least when I'm on the boat!!

Back
Top Bottom