Zihua worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amfo

New
Reaction score
I'm heading to Zihuatenjo in a couple weeks for a wedding. I see there are several dive operators in the area and boat dives are possible, but any informed opinions on whether or not it's worthwhile?

No one else there is certified, so I'd probably be counting on a dive master buddy, so recommendations would also be appreciated, if applicable.

We've already got plans for sea kayaking and maybe some snorkeling near Playa Las Gatas. Trying to decide if I should just stick with that.

Thanks!

I travel to Zihua quite a lot and love diving there. The dive sites arent as interesting as Cozumel , etc but its a nice tranquil setting to relax and even practice skills. As a matter of fact I am here now (Zihua) and plan on diving tomorrow.
I usually dive with Miguel Rodriguez, whos based in Zihuatanejo port. He used to have a shop in Ixtapa bit no longer.
Send me a message if youre interested. Im diving tomorrow to test my new camera and continue practicing.

I appreciate the offer, but I looked back at this too late to take you up on it. Someone from the larger group I'm with wanted to go diving as well and her villa host went with us to a dive shop she uses.

We went up to Ixtapa and dove around one of the big rocks out there (I missed the name) and then came back and went to the little cove just south of the lighthouse.

The viz wasn't great, but it was still fun. Saw plenty of rays and and a pretty good size moray.

Hope you had good dives with your new camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom