Gorontalo fishermen freed trapped Orca in their fisherman's net

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

latifah

Registered
Reaction score
I just read this happy ending news this morning from a local online news Selamatkan Paus Pembunuh, Nelayan Gorontalo Buang 2 Ton Ikan - Kompas.com.

The news is in Indonesian, but if you want to watch the video, click to the link below. Here is the summary of the news: In order to freed the orca, the fishermen tore their fish net and released 2 tons of the catched fish to the sea, 2 of them also jumped to the sea to help the orca.

https://web.facebook.com/search/top...arch_preload&search_first_focus=1487809424768

Regards,
Latifah

This warms my heart! Fisherman working together to save this beautiful animal.

By the way, I've been hearing more reports recently of Orca sightings around the Archipelago. Has anyone else heard this or have the opportunity to see them first hand around Indonesia?

BRAVO gentleman!

Whale isn't really on the allowed menu in most parts of Indonesia, so I am not shocked it was released... Still I am happy to see some commercial fishermen actually take care to see it out of the net alive as repairing it won't be much fun.

This warms my heart! Fisherman working together to save this beautiful animal. By the way, I've been hearing more reports recently of Orca sightings around the Archipelago. Has anyone else heard this or have the opportunity to see them first hand around Indonesia?
BRAVO gentleman!

We saw a pair right in the middle of Dampier Strait in late February of 2012. That was a surprise!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom