WTB: RIX SA-6, Bauer Mariner, or similar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaredjensen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm looking to replace my Walter Kidde 4.2 CFM compressor with something faster, cleaner, and quieter. I want a working, single-phase electric unit in the 6+ CFM range.

I'm in the Seattle area and can pick up within a few hundred miles, otherwise we can arrange shipment. Let me know if you've got something to sell. Thanks!

You might want to consider a new Alkin- maybe a W32, their man in Jersey - Aydin Dereci gave me an outstanding deal on a W-31 and everything went smooth as silk. Honestly, it was cheaper and better than the overpriced 2nd hand units I saw!
His email is aydin@alkinus.com

You might want to consider a new Alkin
Thanks, I'll check it out. My buddy picked up a used Alkin W31 for $1500 and is pretty happy with it, but I'm hoping to get something around 6 cfm to speed up banking. And I'm guessing a new W32 is out of my price range, but we'll see. =)

Just for your reference and to use in your wheeling and dealing, a brand new MCH13 gas driven compressor is $7345.

Just for your reference and to use in your wheeling and dealing, a brand new MCH13 gas driven compressor is $7345.
Thanks. Also for reference, a new RIX SA-6 is around $10k without many options. In my experience, used compressors in good shape tend to run roughly 30-40% the cost of new units, which is why everyone I know buys used. Since I'm just making trimix for my personal rebreather use, it's impossible to justify the cost of a new unit (especially to my wife) until I win the lottery.

You should check with Carlos K here on the board. Stand up guy and will ship one to you at a good price, if he currently has one that will work for you.

Stick with Bauer, The best and most reliable. I have 2 K14s one has been filling over 300 tanks a year for 30 years. Change oil and filters once a year. Get one with the high pressure oil system Capatono, K14 or larger. K14 is about 8 cfm caps are 5 or 6 CFM. Bauers are not cheap for a reason. They are also simple to work on parts available from Filter techs.

Stick with Bauer, The best and most reliable.
Agree. That's pretty much all I've been looking at lately. I have a buddy with a WK like mine, but everyone else has Bauers. I'm inquiring about a couple local units that came from fire departments, and have also reached out to Carlos, as suggested above.

If you can change a head gasket on a single cylinder gas engine you can work on a Bauer. A few special tools are needed for the valves. The tools can be made from using the old valve as a drill pattern for the required tools. Check out Filter techs site all the smaller Bauer's use the same valves. Capatono and K14s I know for sure are the same stock number.

Hi Jared,
Just got a very clean Bauer Mariner, new single-phase motor and upgraded purification system. Let me know if you are still looking...

Back
Top Bottom