My Atomic X1 Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer neutral fins when diving dry. I don't like any extra weight away from my core.

I don't follow. You can have a 3# fin that is neutral. You can also have a 3# fin that is negative. Or positive. The weight doesn't really have a direct relation to buoyancy.

Atomic foot pockets are huge, bought atomic blade xl and they're loose with size 10 dry boots

I don't follow. You can have a 3# fin that is neutral. You can also have a 3# fin that is negative. Or positive. The weight doesn't really have a direct relation to buoyancy.

Ha. Ok.

I was referring to weight IN the water. Negative in the water = weight. It isn't necessarily equal to the weight out of the water, but it is weight. Neutral IN the water is weightless, though it can be 3lbs in air.

I know a lot of people like a heavier fin in their dry suits, but I want all my weight close to my center, neutral at the peripheries, so nothing I do with my limbs skews my trim in any way. If my feet are floaty I move weight to a lower position on my spine. But, with my LP85 when I dive dry, it has never been a big issue. My preferred fins are not quite neutral, but not heavy - Diverites

Last edited:
How do the foot pockets compare to the atomic split fins? I have 9 size boot that just fits a Large Split fin and I find that my boots don't really slide all the way into the foot pocket.

I'm thinking about getting the X1s but wanted to know if I should get the Medium or Large?

Advice?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom