Lettuce Sea Slug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to be your dive buddy! FANTASTIC SHOT! :) Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: MMM
Most of the time, if it's really little stuff, it is the divemaster, Jeremy Anshel, who finds it. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm photographing until he tells me back on the boat and I can actually see it on my large computer screen. :rofl3:

Now that I've got diving contacts I'm really excited by the small stuff again. Maybe because I can see it again?! LOL
I think I may have to meet Jeremy next trip.... :)

Now that I've got diving contacts I'm really excited by the small stuff again. Maybe because I can see it again?! LOL
I think I may have to meet Jeremy next trip.... :)
Saw another one today but haven't put the pictures up on my computer yet.

Very interesting spot pattern. In Bonaire the Lettuce Leaf Sea Slugs have a much plainer spot pattern:

img9649.jpg

Very interesting spot pattern. In Bonaire the Lettuce Leaf Sea Slugs have a much plainer spot pattern:

View attachment 398327
I wonder if you shot it from above whether you'd get something fancier or brighter? What are you using for a strobe? Here is my photo from yesterday's dive...

P2240694.JPG

I used a pair of ys110s from about 5 inches away. I have a bunch of bonaire shots that show the same type of pattern.

Beautiful shots, Marg! We're already plotting the next trip there...

Can you describe your photo gear setup again? (We dove with you on Jeremy's boat a couple times 2 weeks ago but I don't recall your camera setup).

I used a pair of ys110s from about 5 inches away. I have a bunch of bonaire shots that show the same type of pattern.
Then you are right: Coz lettuce leaf slugs are much nicer!

Can you describe your photo gear setup again? (We dove with you on Jeremy's boat a couple times 2 weeks ago but I don't recall your camera setup).
My set up is an Olympus EM5 II camera body with an Olympus 12-50 mm lens (dual macro and WA capability) in a Nauticam housing. I have a Nauticam CMC-2 wet diopter attached to that housing and use a Sea and Sea YS-01 strobe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom