would it be recommended that you take classes in welding before going to dive school?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a
I was in a class of only 6 vs the typical class size of 20-30 students so we had a lot of practical time Topside and in the water which helped us a lot. Although they are a great school and the instructors are phenomenal, it seems to me that they made passing tests and classes much easier than when I was threre, removing mid terms and other tests, eliminating the need to retain valuable and life saving information. The companies I have worked for always try at some point to hire DIT or other dive school graduates and the result is typically the same, they don't last long.

From personal experience I will tell you that DIT is a great school and you will get your money's worth if you are willing to give above and beyond, always ask questions, show up early, stay late, see if there's any tasks you can help with when there's down time, take advantage of every opportunity because they help you someday, and don't expect to diving hard hat full time right out of school. Perseverance is key before and after graduation. If you follow this advice and others, you'll do great and make an excellent diver.
alright awesome, thanks the info! do you know if CDA is any good? im looking to go there also.

I went to cda, I don't think it's worth the $$, South Central Louisiana Technical College is the cheapest dive school out there. After CDA I wasn't any better off then the people I met that went to SCLTC and they had a lot less in student loans. Most of your skills come from on the job training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom