Kraken Canister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mainedvr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the market for a canister light but not sure I need to spend 600+ on one. I saw the Kraken Canister Light on DRIS. I know you get what you pay for but also realize there is equipment that does not have to break the bank that is adequate and quality.

I don't do any cave diving or wreck penetration currently and when I get to that point well maybe I will upgrade. So does anyone have any first hand experience with this light?

NR-1000C Can light - Dive Right in Scuba

I just talked to the rep for those lights in our area this past Thursday. The first thing I noticed was that this is not a new design.
It is more or less the same as the HOG morph cannister that I was selling. It's a nice light. Compact, bright, great burn times, and some nice options.
The main difference I see looks to be cosmetic in the shape of the head.

I have two can lights. A 12 watt Salvo rebuilt by light monkey and a 21 watt HID also built by light monkey. Sold several of the HOG's to customers with good results. I never kept one of the can versions for myself just because I didn't need another one.
I do however have 6 of the HOG morph back ups. Three with video heads and three spots.

I just talked to the rep for those lights in our area this past Thursday. The first thing I noticed was that this is not a new design.
It is more or less the same as the HOG morph cannister that I was selling. It's a nice light. Compact, bright, great burn times, and some nice options.
The main difference I see looks to be cosmetic in the shape of the head.

I have two can lights. A 12 watt Salvo rebuilt by light monkey and a 21 watt HID also built by light monkey. Sold several of the HOG's to customers with good results. I never kept one of the can versions for myself just because I didn't need another one.
I do however have 6 of the HOG morph back ups. Three with video heads and three spots.
Thanks Jim
It seemed similar to other lights in its range but I have only ever used a Dive Rite can light during our cavern and well did not use it long enough to really form an opinion.

I agree with tbone, 14* is way too wide for CA water. You want something in 6-8* to penatrade the water. Also, you don't get 1000 lumen with this if Jim is right about the light. It is more or less a 600 lumen light.

Back
Top Bottom