Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been looking over this thread for some time now and am interested in changing fins. I bought a pair of Atomic Split Fins and have to admit...4 dives in and I don't like them at all. At times I feel I overpower them and other times I am just not getting the propulsion I would like. I have decided that split fins are just not for me.

My Atomic fins are a Large and I was interested in the white fins. My boots are Fourth Element Pelagic in a size 11. What size do you recommend and do you think these would be a good fin for a new diver but one who prefers to frog kick rather that flutter?

The XL is what I would recommend and our fin prefers the frog kick over flutter

The XL is what I would recommend and our fin prefers the frog kick over flutter

Thank you! Any idea when they will become available to order as I am very interested in these.

@cerich did you get my emails? Been trying to get the size Large fins sent out for going on two weeks now.

@cerich did you get my emails? Been trying to get the size Large fins sent out for going on two weeks now.

I can't seem to find anything from you in the ticket system. Please PM me your name and I will look into it.

*edit* - Found it I think, you emailed on 1/28 correct? About 5 days ago?

Yes..I did. the issue is the Taiwan office closed that day for CNY. Will get out to you end of week.

I know that your order has been a little "weird". When i saw it was shipping to Thailand and you paid $80 in shipping I wanted to save you some money and ship from Taiwan and tried to refund you $40..and goofed up and refunded you $140 by mistake..and sent the fins. Then I had to ask you to send me $100 back. Then the fins arrived and they didn't fit so you asked me how to resolve that. We agreed that for $50 I would send you another pair and you would sell the first pair, you seemed happy with that. I meanwhile was still waiting for the $100. Anyhow, you sent the $100 and then the $50 and that happened exactly as CNY started. CNY as you know is a HUGE holiday and my guy that I have run my Taiwan office was in New Zealand on his honeymoon...

Sorry that your experience with us wasn't as desired. If you would like I can refund you (a total of $190) and you can sell the fins that you have that don't fit. Or I can send the pair that will when the office is open in Taiwan in a couple days, or I can ship from the US today but would need another $40 for shipping (and they would likely arrive later than waiting a couple days for the Taiwan office to open.)

Last edited:
Yes..I did. the issue is the Taiwan office closed that day for CNY. Will get out to you end of week.

Fantastic - thank you for the help. I understand issues with CNY (we have them here in Bangkok). The fins are excellent quality and you guys have been good to me. Sorry I pinged you here, was getting nervous.

I do not want a refund at all. Quite the opposite - I want to buy your stuff because it's fantastic quality!

If they go out later in the week that should be fine to get them in time for the trip.

Thanks @cerich! Fins arrived in time and are perfect.

I'll be in Bangkok on the 26th, I can squeeze in a few things if it would help.

All sorted, thanks for the offer. I'll be arriving back in town on the 26th if you'd like to get a beer somewhere!

I live in Japan and just tried to order one Deep6.... the cheapest shipment is 78USD.
can you also send me ones from Taiwan's office, so it will be cheaper? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom