Fiji December 2017 Tavueni and Kadavu Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmt185

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Everyone,

I am planning on Diving Fiji in December 2017. I have never dove Fiji before and I have been reading what has been written here. I was wondering if diving off of Tavueni and Kadavu Islands would be a good choice. If not, what do you recommend. If they are a good choice, which resort would be the best to stay at on each Island.
Thank-you for your help.

Hi
I have not been to Kadavu but I know of fishermen going there and getting a lot of wind and also keep in mind you will be going in the cyclone season.
I have been to theTaveuni area 3 times and just love it. I have stayed at Qamea and it is an amazing place but not the best place for diving. For diving the somosomo straights which is the best diving I have stayed at Sau bay which is actually on Vanua Levu but very close to the diving and at Paradise on Taveuni and they are both great places and reasonably priced.
The diving in the area is fantastic [and yes I have dived in quite few different places] and all the resorts are beautiful with top class food.
Another option in the area is Savusavu diving with Korosun dive.Most of the diving there is not in the class of Somosomo but they regularly dive with packs of hammerheads and often go to Namena which is just amazing.
On my last trip I flew to savusavu and dived there and then got a taxi and drove about an hour up to Sau Bay for 5 days and they took me by boat over to Taveuni where the Paradise people picked me up for 5 days and flew back to Nandi from Matei airport.

I would highly recommend Taveuni Ocean Sports and Nakia Eco Resort. Read their reviews on TripAdvisor. They are accurate. We have been there several times and the service is excellent and the diving spectacular. We have over 1000 dives and Taveuni Ocean Sports is the best operator we have experienced in Fij.

I highly recommend Taveuni Dive Resort and their dive operation. Their location is right on Somosomo Strait and boat rides to the good dive sites are short.

Thank-you all for your suggestions. I was also thinking about doing a live aboard. I was looking at taking the 7 day live aboard with SY Fiji Siren. Has anyone done this what did you think?

Taveuni in June 2015 and stayed at the Paradise Resort. I really enjoyed it, and spent a week on a live aboard too. Spent another week in 2016 at Bega Lagoon Resort. Bottom line, it is Fiji, you just can't go wrong. But Papua New Guinea is also the bomb.

I am doing the Fiji siren liveaboard in April.. will do a trip report once I get back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom