Custom Wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Who makes them nowadays? Liquid Fit seems to have gone out of business. Wetwear is still making custom wetsuits but they use stiffer neoprene which I am not too fond of. Anyone else making custom wetsuits?

There's a local shop here in Okinawa called bubbles custom wetsuits, you can find them on Facebook. They make some interesting suits like Spider-Man and anything else you can dream off

JMJ (Torrance CA) M&B (Long Beach CA), Aquaflite (not sure of location), Deep Thought (Santa Barbara, CA), Otterbay (Monterey, CA), Horizon Wetsuits (Fullerton CA), Coral Reef (Huntington Beach, CA), and New Wave (Fullerton CA).

There's a local shop here in Okinawa called bubbles custom wetsuits, you can find them on Facebook. They make some interesting suits like Spider-Man and anything else you can dream off
There are certainly some "unusual" designs around:
image001.jpg

UT8Li6_XdpbXXagOFbXW.jpg

pic_1_65952.jpg

A few years ago a wetsuit company came up with this basic design and encouraged people to choose suit panels in their favourite colours:
design_your_own_custom_wetsuit-jpg.217885

More and more wetsuits and drysuits nowadays seem to have been designed by makers of Harlequin costumes. :tired:

Terrapin Wetsuits (www.terrapinwetsuits.com/) near Comfort, TX which is NW of San Antonio. I have seen Chris' work, and it is excellent. She has also retrofitted some sleeve and ankle zippers in two of my wetsuits, and the workmanship was flawless.

There is Atlan near Quebec City.

Wetsuits

Our local guy here in Toronto (attico) retired recently. I have not yet used Atlan but they are on my list.

There is a place in Gales Ferry, CT called Aqua Sports small mom and pop dive shop, been there for many years. The owner makes custom wetsuits. I bought one years ago and still have it very well made with good rubber. The owner made wetsuits for the navy divers in Groton, CT. I know the shop is still open but I don't know if he still makes suits.

I have heard good things about coral reef in Huntington Beach. Someone I know had his custom suit made there and was very pleased with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom