How to prevent wetlens water droplets formation once outta water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hitham

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello..
I'm loving my new wide angle wet lens and it starting to annoy me alot since i can't use the camera once im out of the water.. is there a way to prevent the droplet formation so i can use it to capture half half shots or any casual shots after dive!
the droplets mostly form on the base of the wetlens.. not on the housing port nor the the dome

Attachments

• E6676D4C-7431-4394-82A1-82BC75EAED63.JPG
    E6676D4C-7431-4394-82A1-82BC75EAED63.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 64
Not sure if it works on a wide angle lens... I usually spit on my lens before getting into the water. Long time ago, I was told this works. Not sure if it does as I never take pictures upon surfacing...

Not sure if it works on a wide angle lens... I usually spit on my lens before getting into the water. Long time ago, I was told this works. Not sure if it does as I never take pictures upon surfacing...
using saliva is the first thing one would try.. it would kinda work but for a very short time and afterward it will be even worse.. beside its not convenient to unscrew the lens each time i want to take a photo and risk falling especially with moving boat..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom